Are you the kind of person who feels dull in the day? Or gets bored easily? Well, if you are, a great start is boosting your creativity! There are numerous benefits for being creative, plus it really makes your day shine. Come and join me on our adventure to discovering the secret of creativity.
Roots of Creativity
Remember doing group brainstorming projects in school? That definitely helps generate ideas, but scientists have also created a second idea: movement. Moving around helps you form more ideas, thus boosting creativity. Make sure to go for that daily walk!
Memories are a beautiful thing and really aid in all sorts of situations. In our spot, childhood toys like Lincoln Logs, silly putty, care bears, or Rock ‘Em Sock ‘Em robots on your desk is a great way to boost creativity. When your mind is blank, it will instantly form stories and ideas around the memories of your childhood. Photographs, your favorite candle as a kid, or small trinkets are also a great idea.
There is so much to see in the world! Between the beauty, news, or next crazy experiment, you really have a lot to pick from. As I suggest often, pick a new topic every week or couple of days to try out. It can be as small as doodling to as big as doing Comic Con (or larger!).
“I guess sometimes the greatest memories are made in the most unlikely of places, further proof that spontaneity is more rewarding than a meticulously planned life” ~ J.A Redmerski, The Edge of Always
Think and Ask
One of the best things I can say is to think and ask at all times! Never stop thinking, even if it seems out of the world and unattainable. Do you fantasize about having a transforming car that can fly and teleport? Or a billion dollars? Then think, and form ideas. Second, always ask questions! As we grow older, our consciousness toward embarrassment increases, and we are less likely to ask for help. Your mind is a powerful and beautiful thing, treat it as a gift!
Why do I want a Creative Tree?
As I mentioned before, there are so many valuable benefits in being creative! These are just some of them:
- It relieves stress
- It works your brain in new ways
- It helps prevent Alzheimer’s
- It improves your mood (smile!)
- And finally, it makes you a more friendly, positive person!
How do I Plant Creativity?
Congratulations, you have made it this far in our journey! Creativity is like a little seed in our brains. You can choose to cherish it, and with time, the seed will grow. Or you can choose to push the beauty away and watch creativity wither. It’s your choice, but I wish you the best. It is time I finish us off with great ideas for your days:
- Try the “30 Circles” art: This is actually a new technique I recently learned about. This creativity-boosting idea is quite simple! Just grab a piece of paper and drawing object, then make thirty different circles. Finally, in the span of one minute, turn those circles into as many objects as you can. A car, sun, rabbit, or even pumpkin pie. Get as creative as you can, and reach into that blooming seed of yours.
- Try some cooking: Whether you want to feed your whole town, or just yourself, there are tons of new recipes to try. Grab your phone and search for what fits you. Affordable meals are easy to come by, same as foreign foods, or more expensive meals. Just take a look around and find what is new for you!
- Create a bullet journal: This is a lovely idea for a lot of reasons. Bullet journals help your mind adapt to being creative, and also aid in relieving stress and holding memories. Feel free to google up bullet journals to find some ideas! Start simple, and work up your creative pages.
I hope this is a good start for you! I promise, with time and love, that little seed of creativity will grow.
Until next time my friends,
Ashlee G., Author of Creative Thinking Well